TABLE OF CONTENTS
- ACME Product Releases
- Private Event Schedules (released on 3/18/20)
- Ticket Limits (released 07/21/2020)
- New Membership variables for ACME eCommerce pages (released 09/29/2020 & 10/20/2020)
- e-Commerce Donation Page Customization (released on 05/11/20)
- Bonus: New Donation focused ACME Standard Reports now available
- Bonus: New Deep-linking Generator tool
- Unplanned Closures
- November Tips & Tricks
- Welcome Aboard!
- New and Updated Knowledge Articles
- ACME Product Support will be closed for the US Thanksgiving Holiday on Thursday, November 26 and will be operating on limited hours on Friday, November 27. As always, the Support portal will be accessible 24/7 and if there is a system emergency or escalation, the team is on standby to resolve.
- If it’s been awhile since you’ve used or updated your Apple devices, please note that on December 5, 2020, all versions of ACME Sales and ACME AC prior to 11.4.5 will no longer be supported. For a refresher on how to update your ACME applications, click here.
- Planned Sandbox Refresh Schedule
- Sandbox 10 was recently refreshed on 10/13/2020. The next refresh will be 12/08/2020.
- Sandbox 15 was recently refreshed on 11/10/2020. The next refresh will be 03/16/2021.
ACME Product Releases
We’ve had a lot of product releases this year (30 releases to be exact)! Since March, we have focused heavily on eCommerce optimization, but there have been a number of additional enhancements too! Catching up? Here’s a summary of our favorite feature updates:
Private Event Schedules (released on 3/18/20)
A time saver for group sales managers, the booking workflow for private event bookings was dramatically improved with the ability to quickly add a private event to the events list, and then book an order into the event. For more information, see our knowledge article Configuring Schedules for Private Events.
Ticket Limits (released 07/21/2020)
One of the enhancements requested with urgency as venues began to reopen, ticket limits offers the ability to control how many tickets a guest can check out with in a single order. Ticket limiting gives users another tool to help control capacity and make tickets available for a larger pool of potential guests. The ticket limit option was designed to compliment membership entitlement rules too. For more information, see our knowledge article on Configuring Ticket Limits on an Event Template.
New Membership variables for ACME eCommerce pages (released 09/29/2020 & 10/20/2020)
You can now customize a number of different member and membership related messages on your ACME hosted eCommerce site. Customized and dynamic messaging to members can be added to the cart or donation page, prompting them to join and welcoming them with a personal message when they are verified. Using these messages in the cart is a great way to drive Members to verify their membership before checkout, and prompting renewal of their existing membership. You can also now customize the Verify Membership page in order to enhance the verification experience with styling consistent with your brand. You can even upload an image of your membership card or include additional instructions or information. Take a look at the guide on Configuring Dynamic Member Messages and the 11.7.6 Release Notes for details on implementing these new messages.
e-Commerce Donation Page Customization (released on 05/11/20)
As the effects of COVID-19 continued to impact our industry, we listened to client feedback and quickly responded with a robust set of tools to customize a donation landing page on our hosted e-commerce sites. These new features give users more control over the look and feel of their donation page including support for multiple landing pages. Learn more about donation page customization in our guide to Creating Custom Donation Landing Pages.
Bonus: New Donation focused ACME Standard Reports now available
Following the addition of the standalone Donation pages for ACME eCommerce, we have built two new ACME Standard reports to make reporting on giving easier. You can find details about the new Donations Detail and Summary reports in the ACME Standard Reports guide. Please email email@example.com to request that these be loaded into a sandbox or into your Production environment today!
Bonus: New Deep-linking Generator tool
Earlier this year we launched a new deep-link generator tool to help you make the most of your ACME hosted eCommerce site. Currently on its third version, you input your tenant ID, an Event ID, and optionally a date, and you are automatically provided all the different kinds of properly formatted links to the eCommerce pages for that event, including links to both your Production and Sand10 environments. You can find the latest version in the ACME eCommerce Deep-linking Guide.
Winter weather, power outages, or changes to local COVID-19 mandates may impact your planned events and you may need to react quickly and be prepared to close or cancel certain events. If you do need to close temporarily, the Event Cancelations and Unexpected Closures guide walks you through the three steps you should take in ACME to cancel your event(s). This process allows you to take some time in between each step, so you can prepare and communicate internally before moving to the next one. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions or talk to other venues about reopening plans and strategies in the Forum.
November Tips & Tricks
2021 Company Holidays, Coupon Codes, Event Schedules
As we look forward to 2021, don’t forget to check your configurations in the Back Office to ensure your system is ready for the new year too. There are a number of features that leverage start dates and expiration dates. Use this checklist to make sure your ongoing events, coupons, and system are ready for the new year.
- Event schedules prepped to publish or published with 2021 dates - Click here for more information on Event Schedules
- Ongoing coupons or promotions going into 2021 - Check the effective date ranges for your coupons that will be accepted in the new year. Click here for more information on Coupons
- Update known holidays, closures, or changes to company hours in 2021 - Click here for more information on the Company Profile
Do you have an ACME tip to share with the community? Post it on our new Tips & Tricks Community Forum!
This year, ACME welcomed several new customers to our growing community! Congratulations to all of the cultural institutions and attractions who joined the ACME family in 2020!
Asian Art Museum
Children’s Museum of Manhattan
College Football Hall of Fame
Faith & Liberty Discovery Center
Jewish Public Library
Maui Ocean Center
Naples Botanical Garden
National Museum of Women in the Arts
Oakland Museum of California
Oklahoma City Zoo & Botanical Gardens
Planet Word Museum
Trustees of Reservations
New and Updated Knowledge Articles
We are constantly updating, improving, and adding new articles to our Knowledge-base in the ACME Support Portal. Below are some recently added or updated articles:
- UPDATED: There is an updated process for requesting a refund for orders with an "Invalid Account" error when attempting a refund
- UPDATED: Event Cancelations and Unexpected Closures
- Using the Back Office Events List
- Working with Events in ACME Back Office
- UPDATED:The documentation for the Membership Import feature in the Salesforce integration has been updated and reorganized into four topic specific guides
- New Zealand Market Support on Stripe
- GetYourGuide Integration Setup Guide
- Hardware Setup Guide for IT & Visitor Services