Production Release Date: July 6, 2021
Platforms: Access Control, POS, Online, Back office
Release Type: Minor
Test Environments: Sand 10, AC Sandbox 11.13.0, POS Sandbox 11.13.0
ACME's Access Control + Camera Scanning
We are excited to announce a major upgrade to our Access Control application! You can now quickly and easily scan QR and Barcodes using the camera on your device! This new scanning mechanism will improve usability and simplify your workflows by no longer requiring the pairing of a bluetooth device.
Here are some highlights:
- Epson barcode format - In order to scan Epson printed tickets, you will need to update to QR code Model 2 by updating u00001A1, to u00001A2. This barcode format improves upon Model 1 so that the code can be read smoothly even if it is distorted due to curved or folded paper, etc. See Updating Epson Barcode Formats to Model 2 to learn more.
- Each barcode will only be scanned once per camera session. If you are not getting a scan response the barcode may have already been scanned. You can confirm by closing the camera and reopening to scan again.
- Ticket ID display - if you have custom Ticket Layouts, you can edit them to display the last 8 digits of the ticket barcode so that your staff scanning tickets can easily match up the display on the device to the printed code on the tickets. See our guide to learn how to update your custom Ticket Layouts.
- Use of the camera can drain the battery life. When not scanning, navigating to the events list and closing the camera can help preserve battery.
Online Checkout API Confirmation Email control
API users now have the ability to turn off the confirmation email by passing true or false into the "SendEmail" attribute in the B2C Checkout API endpoint
Verify Membership by Email
We have improved the security of the online membership verification by email process. We now show the same message to the user if the member's email is or is not found in our database, so that any bad actors will not be able to gain any insight into which members exist. After entering an email for member verification, the resulting text will now say "Please check your email. If a membership exists with that email address you will receive a link to verify."
POS Configuration updates for Chip Card Readers
In order to support additional Stripe chip card readers we are updating the information displayed in POS configuration, once an Ethernet/Wifi device is connected. We will now show "Stripe Reader" in addition to the serial number, for reader types beyond the Verifone P400.
Rebooking orders with full priced and member discounted tickets
We have partially fixed an issue where rebooking an order that contained both member discounted and retail price tickets for the same ticket type was giving the discounted price for the retail price tickets upon rebook. With this release we have fixed the back end processing so the full price ticket remains full price, despite the fact that the front end display still shows the member price for the retail priced tickets. We will be following up shortly with a fix for the front end display issue.
Apple iOS Certificate Updates
We are updating the Apple iOS certificates for the Acme Sales POS and Access Control applications to keep them running on iOS devices. We do this to stay in compliance with Apple development requirements.
Note: ACME Sales and ACME AC 11.7.6 or older will reach end of life on 7/12/2021. Be sure to update to the latest version of our applications to avoid service interruptions.
Access control app crashes
We have improved the performance by fixing an issue that was causing sporadic app crashing.
Hardening of the B2C CORS Checkout API
We have updated the authorization logic so that if x-b2c-tenant-id header is missing an error is returned.
AVS error message
In some cases AVS errors coming back from Worldpay Express were displayed as “Invalid Payment Token” error messages. These will now properly come back as “Incorrect Address” error messages.
Rebooking tickets with coupons at POS
When an order was rebooked at POS, and a ticket with a coupon was included, the coupon itself carries over to the new sale record in reporting, but the discount name and discount code did not. This has been fixed.
Editing Duplicates of Standard Reports
In the 11.11.0 release, we introduced an issue that prevented you from editing or deleting a report that you duplicated from a standard report. This is now resolved for any standard reports you duplicate going forward.
There was an issue introduced in the release which has impacted the scrolling of the left navigation in Back Office. The team is actively working on a patch and will provide updates ASAP. Here is what you may notice:
- Users on a small monitor may not be able to scroll down to lower links on the left nav menu.
- Clicking “Log Out” in Back Office will successfully log the user out, however a page refresh is required for the user to see the “Log In” screen
Please contact us if you have issues navigating in Back office and we will provide you with direct links for any pages you cannot access.