|TABLE OF CONTENTS|
Announcements & Reminders
- Sandbox Refresh Reminder!! On July 20, 2021 Sandboxes 10 and 15 will receive a Production data refresh.
- Effective July 12, 2021, all versions of ACME Sales and ACME AC prior to 11.7.6 are no longer supported. Do you still have a few inactive devices that are running an unsupported version? Click here for a refresher on how to update your ACME applications.
- Have questions about ACME versions or current system status? Take a look at the Current System Versions and Status page, plus you can now subscribe to get ACME status updates on our new Status Page.
- Still using MagTek devices to swipe credit cards? If you would like to upgrade your hardware to offer contactless payment options (such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, and chip & PIN cards) to your in-person guests, please contact us to discuss next steps.
- Current Browser Support. Please note that effective July 1, 2021, we no longer support Microsoft Internet Explorer for Back office or eCommerce operations. ACME currently supports Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge web browsers.
- Welcome new ACME customers! 2021 has been flying by and we are excited to add the following venues to the ACME family! Congratulations on your recent launches in the first half of this year!
- American Tractor Museum (Perryville, MO)
- Faith and Liberty Discovery Center (Philadelphia, PA)
- Hispanic Society Museum & Library (New York, NY)
- Ingenium Canada (Ottawa, ON)
- Maui Ocean Center (Wailuku, HI)
- Museum of Science and History (Jacksonville, FL)
- New Bedford Whaling Museum (New Bedford, MA)
ACME Product Release Information
11.13 Release - 07/6/2021
ACME AC Camera Scanning
ACME AC users can now use the built-in iOS camera instead of an external barcode scanner. This can help venues save time and money on hardware maintenance and greatly improves overall ticket scanning efficiency.
Verify Membership by Email Messaging
We have changed the language when an email address is submitted to make it less obvious who may or may not be a member for your venue. This provides better privacy for your members and your data.
Other recent releases
Salesforce Managed Package v1.106
11.10.1 Release (May 24, 2021) - Access Control
11.10 Release (February 18, 2021)
11.9 Release (January 26, 2021)
Tips & Tricks
- The deep-link generator in the ACME eCommerce Deep-linking Guide now includes more membership related links, including deep-links to the cart with a new membership purchase or gift membership purchase for a specified level. These are great to use for new acquisition drives or to reduce clicks when linking from your site to complete checkout in ACME.
- Need to make sure transactions are always a whole dollar amount? Use the Discount Rounding Rule setting to make sure that discounted orders always come out to an even amount.
- Did you know you can program an event ticket to never expire? Configure the Ticket Expiration value on the Event Template Pricing section to 0 which will translated to a "null" value. Alternatively, set it to expire in 1 day if you don't want the ticket to be valid after the event/purchase date.
New and Updated Knowledge Articles
We are continuously updating and adding new articles to our Knowledge-base in the ACME Support Portal. Below are some recently added or updated articles:
- Creating a Custom eCommerce Site Using ACME APIs
- Updated! Scanning Tickets with ACME AC
- Updated! ACME eCommerce Deep-linking Guide
- Import-Export FAQs
- Raiser's Edge Integration Considerations
- Financial Settlement FAQs
- Updating Epson Barcode Formats to Model 2
- Digonex Integration for Dynamic Pricing
Past Community Newsletter Issues
ACME Community Newsletter | Spring 2021 | Issue 3
ACME Community Newsletter | Winter 2021 | Issue 2
ACME Community Newsletter | Fall 2020 | Issue 1
Sign-up to receive future ACME Community Newsletter issues in your inbox